Bright plum colours full of flesh and bright fruits. Muscular on the attack, with poise and focus, and pulsating with blueberry fruits and saline-drenched minerality. Good stuff, enjoyable and impressively balanced with a grilled, smoked rosemary finish. 20% new oak, 30% amphora. Freres Todeschini are the owners here. Drinking range: 2025 - 2040 Rating: 94 Jane Anson, Decanter (May 2021)
75cl bottles (case of 6)Sold Out
* This is a pre-shipment/primeur offer. All orders are accepted under the TERMS of this offer which differ from the terms of the rest of the site.
Composed of 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, the deep garnet-purple colored 2020 Mangot is scented of ripe black plums, blackberry preserves and black cherry compote, followed by hints of licorice, dark chocolate and cardamom, with a waft of wild mushrooms. The medium to full-bodied palate gives a great intensity of juicy black fruits with soft, rounded tannins and just enough freshness to support, finishing earthy. Drinking range: 2025 - 2040 Rating: 92-94 Lisa Perrotti-Brown, RobertParker.com (May 2021)
I like the balance and tannin integration to this chewy, polished red. Blackberry, blueberry and hazelnut undertones. From organically grown grapes. Rating: 93-94 James Suckling, www.jamessuckling.com (Apr 2021)
75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Guyot pruning, tillage and grassing inter-row sowing of blended grains, manure and compost, leaf removal. The entire vineyard is run according to the principles of environmentally friendly viticulture in conversion to organic viticulture for 10 years. We help the vine to develop its natural defences by applying herbal preparations.
Harvesting at maturity, by parcel, zones and by terroirs. Selective on vibrating and aerodynamic table - destemming - cold pre-fermentation maceration. Gentle vinification in temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats for 4 weeks. Ageing from 13 to 15 months : 30% new barrel, 20% of one wine, 20% of two wine, 20% in amphora, 10% in stainless steel vats.Winemaker's notes (May 2021)
Emerging from a beautiful vineyard on the eastern side of the appellation and 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2020 Château Mangot offers a classy, medium to full-bodied, textured yet elegant style to go with complex notes of bouquet garni, scorched earth, violets, and leafy herbs. With beautiful fruit (cassis/black cherries), ripe, polished tannins, and outstanding length, I see no reason it would not offer pleasure in its youth yet also cruise for 15-20 years in cold cellars. Rating: 90-92 Jeb Dunnuck, www.jebdunnuck.com (May 2021)
Please make sure that you have read the terms of this offer which are different from those on the main website. If you are unclear as to what is involved in primeur purchases please do contact our private client team via email or on 0207 221 1982.
Prices are all in bond by the case size stated.
Pre-Orders are a firm commitment to buy wines on release, as long as the release price sits within the upper and lower price bands set by you on the pre-order form. Pre-orders will be fulfilled subject to availability but providing this firm commitment to buy effectively gives you priority and is a good idea for the most desirable wines.
Wines listed on the website can be ordered in the usual way via the website wishlist order form. You can also send orders directly to our private client team via email. Please note that, for the most sought after wines, priority will be given to those who ordered the same wines last year and to those that have pre-ordered.
All orders will be confirmed by email and are binding unless written cancellation is received within seven days of email confirmation. Pre-orders are not binding if the release price is above your upper price band.
Invoices are all raised at the in bond price (excluding any duty and VAT) which will become payable at the prevailing rates when the wines arrive in the UK, should you wish to take duty paid delivery.
Payment is required on sight of invoice, by cash, cheque, debit card or bank transfer. We regret we cannot accept credit cards for en primeur orders. We reserve the right to apply a dunning charge of 2% per month on invoices unpaid after 30 days.
- Shipment to our bond (at LCB Creek Road) and insurance are included in the in bond price.
- Delivery is free to Lea and Sandeman / Elephant storage accounts, both duty paid and in bond.
- Other deliveries (In Bond and Duty Paid) are also free subject to a minimum order from the offer of £500. Orders below this total will be charged an administration and handling fee of £16.50+ VAT when invoices are issued. We will group deliveries and this is a charge for your entire purchases, not a per-case charge.
- Delivery of 2020 Bordeaux bought en primeur is expected during 2023. Delivery dates may vary as wines are shipped from Bordeaux at different times.
- We do not anticipate any problems but please be aware that delays to delivery may occur should Britain's possible departure from the European Union result in additional border customs checks or other regulatory requirements. Any additional or unforeseen duties, tariffs, charges or other financial liabilities relating to 'Brexit' must be due to the customer and will be invoiced as required.
Practical notes - how it works
We start a sale in each customer's name and add all their primeur orders to one sale which is invoiced at the end of the campaign (or when the customer wishes). Immediate payment of invoices is then required by cash, cheque, debit card or bank transfer. We and our customers find that having a single invoice for the vintage is the simpler option but please note that confirmed orders are still binding even if the final invoice has not yet been issued.
Please specify on your wishlist order form where you would like the wines shipped on arrival in the UK. If this is to a third-party bonded warehouse, please specify the relevant account details. If the wines are required duty-paid we will issue a second invoice for duty and VAT at the prevailing rate when the wines are available for delivery.
Half-bottles, Magnums and larger bottles.
One of the additional advantages of buying en primeur is being able to order the wine in the format you want. While most of our listings are for 75cl bottles, we can source wines in any format if offered by the Château. Please note that format requests cannot be changed once wines have been invoiced. Additional charges for special formats do apply and are as follows:-
- +£20 per case of 24 half-bottles
- +£10 per case of 6 Magnums (2 bottles equivalent, 1.5 litres each)
- +£35 per individually boxed Double Magnum (4 bottles equivalent, 3 litres)
- +£50 per individually boxed Imperial (8 bottles equivalent, 6 litres) for Salmanazars, Balthazars, Nebuchadnezzars and Melchiors please enquire for availability and price.
Wines bought en primeur won't arrive in the UK until 2023. If you do not wish to take home delivery at that point, you may wish to consider where you would like the wines shipped. Lea & Sandeman offers duty paid and in bond storage through a dedicated storage company called Elephant Storage. For more details on the terms and fees associated with storage please go to our Storage Homepage or contact our private client team for more information.