|Grapes||Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay|
This version of 'Hommage' is 70% from 2010 and the remaining 30% from 2007. Made today by Julien in 'hommage' to his grandfather; the idea is to emulate the style of champagne he was making, many years ago (right down to the string tied cork and the lack of foil) It has a very low dosage of just 4g of per litre. As you would expect this is bright, dry and driven, citrussy and fresh. L&S (Aug 2020)
Alternatively, we may well have some bottles in one of our shops - why not give us a call on 0207 244 0522 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Or, check the RELATED PRODUCTS below for different vintages or wines of a similar style.
R & L Legras
The Legras have a history in Chouilly that certainly goes back to the sixteenth century, and their association with viticulture can be traced back Honoré Legras who bought vines there in 1808. In the 1950s his descendants, brothers René and Lucien, set up as a récoltant-manipulant and in 1972 changed to negociant-manipulant since they were buying grapes to supplement what they grew on their on five hectares. Gérard Barbier, an employee of the brothers, took over and ran the house for over thirty years, eventually handing over to his son Jullien.
Legras make Chardonnays from the Grand Cru classified village of Chouilly at the beginning of Côte des Blancs (except the rosé, coloured by red wine they source in Ambonnay). Well known and highly-respected in France it is used by many top-flight restaurants as 'house' champagne, including the Tour d'Argent and Guy Savoie. The house style exalts the softer and creamy style of Chouilly Chardonnay which is so often more approachable than the firmer wines of the other Côte des Blancs villages.
L&S's association with R & L Legras goes a long way back - as it was the house Champagne of Steven Spurrier's shop 'Les Caves de La Madeleine' in Paris when Charles Lea worked there. Since the original L&S shop was on the site of the London 'Caves de la Madeleine', Legras Champagne was already known in the neighbourhood and it seemed sensible to go on offering it - and it has been on the list ever since.
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £150 with our own vans. We also offer an express delivery service for an additional charge.
- Order & Collect from any of our 5 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS