2003 Salomon Finniss River Estate
|Origin||Australia, South Australia|
Some customers may remember that the 2001 vintage of this exceptional wine as given 18.5 by Jancis Robinson - same score as Grange of the same vintage. Jancis descibed it as 'the sort of bottle that lurked in Len Evans’ cellar. Lovely texture! Complex. Well knit. Subtle, absolutely a cross between Australia and northern Rhône', and of course it is sold fully mature and ready to drink. The 2003 is the latest release and is every bit as good. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Tasted blind. Dark smudgy ruby with lots of development. Sweet, rose-petal nose – very flattering and very developed. Smudgy and gentle. With savoury notes on the end. Pretty dry finish – I’d say definitely French! Fun for current drinking. Well balanced and fluid with definite savour. Not heavy. Drinking range: 2012 - 2022 Rating: 18.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Oct 2015)
Salomon Finniss River Estate
Bert Salomon's Australian vineyard holdings are in the Finniss River region, on the Fleurieu Peninsula, just south of Adelaide. Founded by his ancestors in 1866, the current generation followed his lead over a hundred years later to make wines with the same meticulous care that they follow in the Wachau, Austria. For local knowledge and expertise, Bert has been helped from the outset by his longtime friend Mike Farmilo, who was Penfold’s chief red winemaker until 1997. It has clearly been a winning combination.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS