CHÂTEAU HAUT BAILLY
2004 Cru Classé Pessac-Léognan
|Grapes||Cab Franc, Cab Sauv, Merlot|
Tasted recently at the chateau this showed beautifully. Scented and elegant with almost seamless fruit and tannin and tremndous length, this drinks very well now. Rating: 89-89 L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Plum, redcurrant, mocha, tobacco, licorice, minerals and a gravelly note on the nose, along with some nutty oak. Supple and fruity, with an impression of strong acidity for the year and plenty of underlying minerality. This shows less density and structure than the 2006 but possesses excellent fruit for the year. Ripe enough but quite dry. This appears to be in the process of shutting down now. Rating: 90(+?) Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
The 2004 Haut-Bailly is a candidate for the finest wine of the appellation. Its dark ruby/purple color is accompanied by classic aromas of scorched earth, sweet black currants, cherries, and a hint of pain grille. Light on its feet, but substantially flavored, it possesses stunning purity, good acidity, ripe tannin, and abundant flavor as well as length. It builds incrementally and subtly in the mouth, but it’s the real deal. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2024. Rating: 93-93 Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, www.RobertParker.com
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS