2011 Botrytis Sémillon de Bortoli
|Origin||Australia, New South Wales|
A medley of citrus, nectarine and quince fruit, nuances of sweet vanillin oak with just the right level of sweetness and refreshing acidity make for an elegant, substantial yet harmonious wine. Botrytis from De Bortoli vineyards make up 75% of the fruit that went into making the 2011 Deen De Bortoli Botrytis Semillon. These vineyards consistently produce high quality Botrytis Semillon year after year. Every vineyard has its own flavour characteristics and nuances, so we harvest and ferment each one separately, selecting one parcel that is fermented on staves. After fermentation all vineyards are tasted and assessed for suitability for oak or kept unoaked to be able to add fresh fruitfulness into the final blend. This wine is ready to enjoy now but has cellaring potential for up to 10-15 years. Winemaker's notes (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
De Bortoli Wines is a third generation family wine company established by Vittorio and Giuseppina De Bortoli in 1928. The couple emigrated to Australia from Northern Italy, from mountain villages at the foothills of the Italian Alps, near the historic town of Asolo. Their son, the energetic and dynamic Deen De Bortoli, (b 1936 – d 2003) expanded and consolidated the business created by his parents. Deen's children established De Bortoli's reputation for premium wine including icon dessert wine Noble One and the Yarra Valley wines.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS