2014 1er Cru Fonteny Domaine Huguenot
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
As so often this year the step up the Premier Cru sis marked. A deep richness. Dark fruit, sweetness and mass, a really pretty excitying premier Cru. Big with black fruit but good tension too. Drinking range: 2018 - L&S (Nov 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Subtle wood notes do not materially detract from the otherwise more elegant and slightly more complex aromas of dark currant, Gevrey-style earth, spice and underbrush. There is good vibrancy and richness to the more voluminous medium-bodied flavors that exude a fine bead of minerality on the focused, intense and delicious finale. While here too there is touch of acidity poking through at present, I suspect that as the flavors broaden it will integrate more completely. Drinking range: - 2022 Rating: 89-91 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com (Jan 2016)
The Huguenots can trace their history in Marsannay and working in the vines back to 1789. Currently the domaine is run by Philippe. His father Jean-Louis expanded the domaine from five to twenty-two hectares (twelve in Marsannay, six in Fixin, and four in Gevrey) before handing over the reins. Philippe has taken the bold step of taking all twenty-two hectares into organic production (the conversion was completed in 2010).
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS