2015 Vieilles Vignes Domaine Laurent Martray
Strawberry and raspberry fruit concentration touch of sweetness, palate has good rich tannins, plenty of fruit weight, strawberry, cherry with plenty of ripe acid giving balance. L&S (Nov 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Vibrantly youthful in colour and bright, sweet red cherry aromatic come-hither scents, this exuberantly cherryish Gamay from the hills of Brouilly, is refreshingly juicy with an attractively earthy beetrooty underlay and a mouthwatering acidity that makes it ideal for grilled sausages, hamburgers and black pudding. Rating: 89 www.thewinegang.com (Mar 2017)
Domaine Laurent Martray
It is a great relief when you eventually track down the bubbly and charming Laurent Martray at his home down a muddy track just over the crest of the hill of Combillaty. He only produces from 9 hectares of vines, half of which he owns, and half he has been renting and working as his own for more than 12 years. They are all in the top Brouilly terroir of Combillaty. He normally produces about 700 cases in total. The Vieilles Vignes is aged in large oak 'foudres'. The combination of old vines and great winemaking makes Laurent Martray less vintage dependent than many Beaujolais producers. His wines have a fabulous depth of fruit with unusual purity and elegance - very impressive stuff.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS