Verdelho 10 Year Old Barbeito
Pale gold colour, totally natural, intense with rich flavour, yet subtly dry too. Very long and very good. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Nutty, pronounced, beautifully balanced sweetness with a stealthy finish and a slight salty tang. Richard Hemming - www.JancisRobinson.com
There is an attractive mix of flavours on the nose, a nutty dryness underpinned by richer apricot and sultana. The mid palate has power, sweetness and richness of fruit but towards the back walnuts appear lightening and giving an elegant twist to the finish. Rating: 96 Derek Smedley MW, www.dereksmedleymw.co.uk
The Barbeito family Madeiras are almost unique in their total non use of caramel to colour the wines. The natural pale colour of theise great Madeiras gives an impression of their being light and perhaps less concentrated than others, but on tasting the wines this impression is quickly dispelled. They are brighter and more pure than most other producers but they have beautiful texture, wonderfully intensity and are immensely long.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS