Delicious, rich but balanced an intense style of White Port beautifully made this makes a wonderful aperitif - As featured by Kate Goodman on the BBC Food and Drink programme Monday, 11th March, 2013. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
A rare style of dry white port, made with lengthy skin maceration and wood ageing. Best served chilled as an aperitif or as a long drink with tonic water, ice and a twist of lemon. The white grapes undergo long skin maceration, occasionally with foot treading in lagares, with fermentation carrying on to near dryness, before the addition of pure grape brandy. Ageing is carried in small old oak casks in our cellars in gaia for at least 3.5 Years before bottling. "Dirk also makes the best dry white port going, with atypical elegance and freshness" tasting note from the excellent book 'Wine behind the label'. Winemaker's notes
60-year-old Malvasia vines are apparently dominant here, and it is aged for up to 4 years in cask. Very deep yellow/gold colour, with a sweet nutty nose. The soft herb-tinged palate is sweet with a lovely texture. Interesting, soft and intense. Very good+ Jamie Goode, www.wineanorak.com
At the same time that famous English names were establishing themselves in the Douro, the other great Port importing nation - the Netherlands - was sending bright business types to set up Port Houses. One such was Franciscus Marius van der Niepoort. Five generations later and the dynamic Dirk van der Niepoort is at the helm. Niepoort used to be well-known for their Tawny and Colheita ports, but Dirk has worked tirelessly to raise the profile of their Vintage Ports too. One of the key moves, with this in mind, was for Niepoort to purchase their own vineyards with Quintas de Nápoles, do Carril and do Passadouro coming under the Niepoort wing at the end of the 1990's.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS