2004 Sweet Samuel Tinon
Szamorodni means 'like it comes' in Hungarian. For this wine the bunches are harvested whole, rather than picking out the particularly botrytised grapes. Beautiful golden orange. Intense nose, complex with dried fruit and ripe fruit. Lovely balance between sugar and acidity, impressive complexity. Full-bodied texture and at the same time very light and neat, the length is amazing for a Szamorodni. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Samuel Tinon was born in Bordeaux, and grew up in Sainte Croix du Mont where many sweet wines are produced. After he graduated in oenology, he travelled the world and worked in vineyards in Australia, US, Chile and Italy. After the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1991, Samuel worked in the vineyards of Tokaji where he learned all about this “terroir” and built up relationships with many people in the region. He decided to establish in Hungary in 1998 to produce his own Tokaji. Tokaji is considered to be one of the world’s finest sweet wines, historically the nectar of kings and tsars. The Aszu grapes produce this very specific wine that fills your glass with golden colours, honey, almonds, apricot flavours, and an infinite richness of aromas.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS