2007 Castello del Terriccio
|Grapes||Mourvedre, Tannat, Cab Sauv, Syrah|
The 2007 Castello del Terriccio is another striking wine from Terriccio. Blackberries, spices, licorice, violets and tar are woven together in a seamless fabric of notable elegance and sheer class. The perception of tannin is barely noticeable. Readers will be tempted to drink the 2007 young, but my sense is that the wine is still at least a few years away from giving its all. The blend is 50% Syrah, 25% Petit Verdot and 25% other red grapes. Anticipated maturity: 2014-2027 Rating: 96-96 Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, www.RobertParker.com (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Castello del Terriccio
The Castello del Terriccio estate is one of the most beautifully situated along the entire coastal region, some miles north of Bolgheri. The 60 hectares of vines enjoy wonderful exposure, overlooking the sea, benefitting from its warmth and brightness. The vineyards are surrounded by 'maquis' and eucalyptus trees, which as well as protecting them, also contribute to the aromas and scents that so characterise the Terriccio wines.
Planted predominately with Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Syrah, the wines are made by consultant oenologist Carlo Ferrini, who has to date brought thirteen 'Tre Bicchiere' awards to the estate.
These are wines that can be approached almost immediately and yet age so well over a decade and more.
Owned by the extraordinarily charming Cav. Gian Annibale Rossi di Medelana Serafini Ferri, once a talented horseman and still a passionate breeder.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS