2013 Riserva Bugialla Poggerino
I am happily surprised by the 2013 Chianti Classico Riserva Bugialla. The quality of the vintage comes through thanks to the wine's bright acidity and graceful balance. It opens to dark color saturation with pretty layering and good density. There is a note of sweetness on the finish that is reinforced by flavors of ripe cherry, spice and toasted almond. This is an honest and impactful Chianti Classico Riserva. Drinking range: 2017 - 2026 Rating: 91-91 Monica Larner, The Wine Advocate (www.robertparker.com) (Jan 2017)
*Case price discount: Mix any 12 bottles (or 9l equivalent) of wine or 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
100% Sangiovese, grown on vines up to 520m in elevation. Everything a Chianti Classico should be: bright, savoury, uplifting, with beautiful clarity; soft skinned red fruits with a twist of cranberry. Irresistible appeal, and certified organic. Drinking range: 2017 - 2020 Rating: 94 Monty Waldin(Dec 2016)
- See our blog post on Victoria Moore's recent interview with Piero Lanza HERE -
Piero Lanza is one of Chianti's greatest young ambassadors. A qualified oenologist, a very competent agronomist and a brilliant winemaker, his wines have improved immeasurably over the past few vintages. Located in the heart of Chianti Classico district the estate consists of 106 acres of vineyards, olive groves and woodlands.
The winery is one of the properties of a large estate which used to belong to Prince Ginori Conti, a descendant of one of Florence's oldest families. Floriana Ginori Conti inherited the winery from her father in the 1970s, and began in 1980 to produce a Chianti Classico with the "Poggerino" label.
In 1999 she handed over the property to her two children, Piero and Benedetta Lanza, who had been managing it since 1988. Only 11 hectares are planted with vines, almost all of which are Sangiovese. Piero is a passionate agronomist, firmly of the opinion that the work he does in the vineyard reflects not only in the quality of his wines, but the individual 'terroir' of their property, and to this end is now working completely biodynamically.
Another of our producers described him to us 'Ah yes, Piero, the one who knows all his vines by name'. Planted on clay and 'galestro' soils his wines are marked by minerality, acidity and bright fruit. Biodynamic and certified organic.
- For full delivery details including Christmas Delivery Cut-offs see our Delivery page.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100 with our own vans. For orders under £100 or guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS