2014 1er Cru Grandes Ruchottes Domaine Fernand & Laurent Pillot
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Tauter lemon citrus nose, mineral, toasty oak refined and elegant. Palate is taut, mineral, smoky oak, tight citrus fruit core, elegant and with great length. L&S (Nov 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
From a single parcel leased for 40 years but bought only a year ago. Lightly chalky on the nose. Good and substantial on the palate. Silky and substantial. Very serious wine with a dry finish and really satisfying texture and future. Drinking range: 2017 - 2024 Rating: 17 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Jan 2016)
The 2014 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Grandes Ruchottes had a slightly smudged bouquet that needed to show more delineation and mineralité (I personally found more terroir expression in the Vide Bourse 2014). The palate is fresh and crisp on the entry with hints of lemongrass tincturing the lightly honeyed fruit and here, towards the finish, there is more class and sophistication. Yes, it needs a couple of years for the oak to be integrated, but there is good potential if those aromatics can get its house in order. Drinking range: 2019 - 2029 Rating: 90+ Neal Martin, www.robertparker.com (Jan 2016)
Domaine Fernand & Laurent Pillot
Laurent's wife Marie-Anne inherited half of her family's property, the Pommard domaine of Pothier-Rieusset, and he and his father have now bought the other half. The wines from this domaine represent excellent value, and they age very well too, despite being attractive young. Laurent's 1992 Grandes Ruchottes came top of a tasting of wines of that vintage in 2012, ahead of some supposedly much 'grander' domaines. Laurent manages to pack in a lot alongside his running of the vineyard. He has a sophisticated microlight which he flies to all corners of France, he keeps and hunts hawks, and conducts the Chassagne brass band as well as dabbling in Mayoral duties - on top of being a father.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS