2014 Brut Simonsig Estate
|Grapes||Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier|
The name just means 'Cape Sparkling' and this name seems to be all part and parcel of the low-key unpretentiousness of the Malan family who own Simonsig. This is really well-made with a good balance of fruit and mild autolytic (yeasty) character, and really does offer great value for money, not only compared to other New World sparklers, but would definitely give a lot of Champagnes a fright too. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Jewel-like in clarity with a straw-coloured undertone, this sophisticated Cap Classique excites with a symphony of energetic, yet elegant bubbles, and notes of white peach and red berries. The flavour of freshly baked bread comforts the palate, while the fine balance between the fruit and acidity displays beautiful finesse and elegance. Winemaker's notes
Huguenot Jacques Malan arrived in the Cape from France in 1688 and to this day his family run the Simonsig estate, named after the imposing mountain that dominates the view. Over thirty years ago, the late Frans Malan produced South Africa's first méthode traditionnelle sparkling wine.
Don't be a party pooper at your own party - stocking the drinks trolley with substandard hooch can only disappoint and will have your guests talking about you for all the wrong reasons. A swinging party needs good wine and good friends. Good friends we can't promise to supply (but invitations are welcome...) but good wine is definitely our thing. In this cracker of a pack you will find South African bubbles (Prosecco is so last year guys, keep up!); some of our über-popular Barda Pinot Noir from Argentina; a crisp clean and fresh drop of Gavi; and a few bottles of our world beating MiP* Rosé from Provence because a bit of pink always goes down well.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS