The 2015 Chianti Classico is plump and ripe. It carries a full bouquet of exuberant fruit aromas with Morello cherry, blackberry and red rose. The wine is compact and complete. It offers good intensity and a high pleasure threshold. It is also naturally informal in approach, and that's what makes it so easy to pair with your favourite Italian foods. If you are nostalgic for classic Sangiovese, this is your wine. Some 48,000 bottles were produced. Drinking range: 2017 - 2024 Rating: 90+ Monica Larner, The Wine Advocate (www.robertparker.com) (Oct 2017)
*Case price: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- See our blog post on Victoria Moore's recent interview with Piero Lanza HERE -
Piero Lanza is one of Chianti's greatest young ambassadors. A qualified oenologist, a very competent agronomist and a brilliant winemaker, his wines have improved immeasurably over the past few vintages. Located in the heart of Chianti Classico district the estate consists of 106 acres of vineyards, olive groves and woodlands.
The winery is one of the properties of a large estate which used to belong to Prince Ginori Conti, a descendant of one of Florence's oldest families. Floriana Ginori Conti inherited the winery from her father in the 1970s, and began in 1980 to produce a Chianti Classico with the "Poggerino" label.
In 1999 she handed over the property to her two children, Piero and Benedetta Lanza, who had been managing it since 1988. Only 11 hectares are planted with vines, almost all of which are Sangiovese. Piero is a passionate agronomist, firmly of the opinion that the work he does in the vineyard reflects not only in the quality of his wines, but the individual 'terroir' of their property, and to this end is now working completely biodynamically.
Another of our producers described him to us 'Ah yes, Piero, the one who knows all his vines by name'. Planted on clay and 'galestro' soils his wines are marked by minerality, acidity and bright fruit. Biodynamic and certified organic.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100 with our own vans. For orders under £100 or guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email email@example.com.
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS