2010 Domaine Thierry Mortet
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
As usual Thierry's Gevrey is very fine and delicate, while being quite full enough. Total purity, with real character - cassis and black berries and also detailed red fruit. 'In general the 2010s are very rich' says Thierry. Fine balance. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Racy, breezy fruit. Dense and with real potential. Dry finish but nothing out of place. 2014-2018 Rating: 16 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Rating: 17.5 Matthew Jukes
Domaine Thierry Mortet
Thierry continues to be praised in the French press without ever quite seeming to crack the influential American journalists. It may be simply because he is a bit short of fancy appellations - one little cuvée of Grand Cru would no doubt do his reputation a lot of good - but might also put his prices up, and these remain very modest. Three or four days of cold maceration are followed by two weeks of fermentation, with just a touch of cooling to keep the temperature around 31-33C (below 35, at least), then into barrel, all second use or older for the Bourgogne, with 30% new wood on the Gevrey, and 50% on the Clos Prieur. Certified organic and in biodynamic conversion.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS