2011 1er Cru Beaux Bruns Domaine Thierry Mortet
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
Nose is discreet. The attack is less distinctive than the very raspberry village Chambolle, but because it is all here. Rich and suave and complex, less on the fruit and floral, and more complete in itself and complex. Really fantastic example. Very long in its unassuming, pure way. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Good fruit intensity with real polish. Much the best of the four of his wines I have tasted. Some structure here with different layers of pleasure. 2016-2026 Rating: 16.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Domaine Thierry Mortet
Thierry continues to be praised in the French press without ever quite seeming to crack the influential American journalists. It may be simply because he is a bit short of fancy appellations - one little cuvée of Grand Cru would no doubt do his reputation a lot of good - but might also put his prices up, and these remain very modest. Three or four days of cold maceration are followed by two weeks of fermentation, with just a touch of cooling to keep the temperature around 31-33C (below 35, at least), then into barrel, all second use or older for the Bourgogne, with 30% new wood on the Gevrey, and 50% on the Clos Prieur. Certified organic and in biodynamic conversion.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS