2012 Chevalières Domaine Henri Germain
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Tasted before racking, showing beautifully, lots of body and richness, a little point of sweetness, lots of energy and an engaging juicy spice. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
An ultra-fresh nose offers up cool and airy aromas of citrus, white peach, pear and acacia blossom. There is good concentration to the appealingly textured middle weight flavors that are built on a base of firm minerality, all wrapped in a solidly persistent and more complex finish. This is a lovely effort and worth a look. 2018+ Rating: 88-91 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com
Domaine Henri Germain
Jean-François Germain runs this small domaine. The Chassagne vineyards came through his mother, a Pillot, and Jean-François is married to François Jobard's daughter, so they are quite intertwined with some of our other producers. In terms of winemaking the Germains are always happy to let nature take its course, and in the vineyards they follow as natural a system of viticulture as possible. These are concentrated, tightly wound wines from one of Burgundy's coldest cellars. Slow to develop, they show wonderful crystalline purity.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS