2014 Chevalières Domaine Henri Germain
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Pale silvery-gold. Mineral nose. Palate is crystalline, rock dust. This is not so much about fruit as liquid rock crystal in the glass, despite the citrus on the finish. Drinking range: 2018 - L&S (Nov 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
This is very citrus too and elegant and so very pure. It has plenty of vitality and a keen, taut palate with just a bit more body and sweet citrus richness. The finish is long and mineral and wrapped in silky fruit. Just a delight. From 2018 Rating: 16.8 Sarah Marsh MW, The Burgundy Briefing
Domaine Henri Germain
Jean-François Germain runs this small domaine. The Chassagne vineyards came through his mother, a Pillot, and Jean-François is married to François Jobard's daughter, so they are quite intertwined with some of our other producers. In terms of winemaking the Germains are always happy to let nature take its course, and in the vineyards they follow as natural a system of viticulture as possible. These are concentrated, tightly wound wines from one of Burgundy's coldest cellars. Slow to develop, they show wonderful crystalline purity.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS