2015 Spätlese Trocken Weingut Petri
A subtle and characterful smokey dry white makes an excellent aperitif or Sancerre/Chablis alternative. A touch of spice too makes it really an interesting, delicate expression of this sometimes dull variety. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Pinot Gris (aka Grauburgunder) in the Alsace style rather than the neutral Italian Grigio style. Classic nose of nuts, nougat and a suggestion of smoke, then rich fruit (peach, apricot, pear) turning to refreshing lime and mineral length. A good aperitif but food-friendly too. A clever and interesting buy. Rating: 89 www.thewinegang.com (Dec 2016)
Quite rich and racy. Well balanced. Maybe just a tad commercial but well sought out. Very good crispness and citrus peel finish. Drinking range: 2016 - 2019 Rating: 16 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Sep 2016)
Maximilian Petri's vines are in the Pfalz region on 14 hectares around the village of Herxheim am Berg on the ‘Deutsche Weinstraße’ - the German wine route. This wine-growing municipality is situated 200 metres above sea level on a foothill of the “Haardt” mountains (which are an extension of the Vosges mountains in Alsace), which provide shelter against adverse weather conditions. Little rain, lots of sun and a generally mild climate ensure that even the most demanding types of vines flourish, while the chalky soil with a high mineral content define the character of his wines. Vine cultivation is taken very seriously. Maximilian use's neither herbicides nor insecticides, and only enough fertilizer to provide sufficient nourishment for the vines. Grapes are hand-picked, low yields adhered too and gentle pressing with barrique ageing to retain the grapes natural flavours.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS